According to the Mirriam Webster Dictionary 'eth·ic - noun \?e-thik\' is
- a set of moral principles
- a theory or system of moral values
- the principle of conduct governing an individual or a group
- a guiding philosophy
- a consciousness of moral importance
- a set of moral issues or aspects
One of the Elements of APTA's Vision 2020 that embraces ethics is Professionalism as cited below.
Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants consistently demonstrate core values by aspiring to and wisely applying principles of altruism, excellence, caring, ethics, respect, communication and accountability, and by working together with other professionals to achieve
optimal health and wellness in individuals and communities.1
1 Stern DT. Measuring Medical Professionalism. Oxford University Press. New York, NY, 2006:19.
Please visit the APTA website for more resources and documents that address Ethics